30 Sep Cart Concerns Clarified
Heavy cart traffic can leave the course in less than ideal playing condition: wheel ruts, compaction and general wear-and-tear all affect your lie. Following the course’s cart policy will help prevent damage.
• Obey the cart-path-only policy where stated – Make sure you carry a sand bucket to fill divot
• When carts are allowed on the fairway, follow the 90 degree rule.
• Don’t drive on the greens, tee boxes or edges of bunkers. (50 metre rule recommended).
• Don’t drive through obviously wet area’s or environmentally sensitive (conservation zone) areas.
• Avoid the urge to drive over GUR area’s or area’s where active course maintenance is underway such as drainage trenches.
• Drive on lush grass and avoid ropes and/or thin turf areas.
• Keep your tyres from skidding when taking off or stopping.
• Avoid driving over sprinkler heads and distance markers.
• Keep your rubbish from flying out of the cart.
• Always park on the cart path and not half on/half off.
Course Etiquette Guidelines are displayed on most cart windscreens for your convenience. Thank you for your consideration!